Friday, June 6, 2008

Birthday week!

Well, it's official: I am now closer to age 30 than to age 20. I have not ever been one to have a hard time with birthdays, or even to make a very big deal of them. However, it does feel a little different to be 26, rather than 25. More substantial, maybe, like I'm truly an adult now. Whatever it is, 26 is here, and I plan to enjoy it!

My actual birthday was Tuesday, and my sweet husband surprised me by inviting our parents and my best friend Kelly over for dinner. It's a good thing he told me only a few minutes before they got there, so I didn't have time to worry that the house was not as clean as I would have liked. We grilled and sat out back until it was too dark to see, then we came in and had homemade strawberry cupcakes, my one request for my birhtday this year. It was a great evening, and combined with the fact that we had already been to Olive Garden on Sunday night with Kelly and her husband, I had a couple of wonderful (if calorie-loaded!) birthday celebrations this year. Olive Garden was out of my favorite dish, eggplant parmesan, and my face must have shown my disappointment because they gave me a free dessert of my choice! (I had tiramisu, by the way, and it was fabulous.)

Kelly's birthday was yesterday, and since she has a slightly harder time with the "getting old" thing, she is having an all-out celebration this Saturday. I will get to see some college friends I haven't seen in quite awhile, and of course, good food will be involved. I am looking forward to relaxing and catching up with old friends this weekend...maybe it will help the time pass more quickly until the end of the month when we go to the beach!

No comments: