Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Everyday Life

The first few weeks of the new year have turned out to be busy ones for us. My new schedule does not allow for much time at home, but I have determined that as long as I have my weekends free I will be okay. The weekends have become my sanctuary for the week's required "me" time. I have started teaching classes in government on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and I think I will enjoy it once I get over my nervousness. One of the classes is a fun group; they really put me at ease and seem to enjoy the subject. I hope they learn something from me, even if it's just an increased awareness of current events and the knowledge that there are so many important things going on every day in the world outside of north Alabama. I think many of them will challenge me as well. I am going to have to strive to keep myself knowledgable about all important current events, whether or not I find them interesting. Election 2008 should provide some good material and a good opportunity for debate that will hopefully keep the students' attention easily. Even with our hectic schedules and struggling to find quality time together, Jeremy and I are enjoying life and making the most of every day.

No comments: